Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm the Only One


Today is Luke's birthday. He is four now. Oh my goodness, the baby years are slipping away so quickly ...

Luke has a habit of jumping around like Tigger, even if he's not excited about anything in particular. And sometimes he sings the Tigger song in his best Tigger-ish voice.

The wonderful thing about Tiggers is Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of bubbah! (sic)
Their bottoms are made out of strings! (sic)
insert a bunch of gibberish .... then triumphantly:
I'm the only one!

Fittingly today, Luke dispensed with the whole thing except for "I'm the only one!" as he hopped around anticipating cake and presents. I love Luke's hop. I love Luke's beamish outlook on the world. Happy birthday, son. You are the only Luke. You are a gift.


1 comment:

Mim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUKE! HOOO-HOOO-HOOO-HOOO!

LOVE,
TIGGER