Monday, August 18, 2008

Six Seven Eight

A dear friend created the most wonderful gift for me recently. I can't get into specifics ... it's way too complicated and personal to post in the blog-o-sphere ... but, it entailed me telling her about an incident in my childhood, and then, her tracking down pictures of me as a little girl to include in said gift ... got that? Seeing these pictures of myself as a child right around the ages of my own two boys made me all misty, and makes me love them all the more, and, also somehow encourages me to be a little kinder to myself.


Me at 6; A first grader in Phoenix, AZ.


At 7, enjoying something finger-lickin' good.


8 years old, sitting in front of Grandma & Grandpa Wood's 'Maiden's Blush' Rose. I have a slip from this plant growing in my yard now.

p.s. ... A few days later ... I realized that I the middle picture was also taken when I was eight ... but I don't want to change my snappy "six-seven-eight" title!

No comments: