Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Catching up

So, here are a few pictures from my cellphone, taken over the last couple of months, in chronological order:


Eric and I went to hear Ann Patchett read from her new novel "Run." Here she is, signing our copy. Ann was so engaging! She made some observations about grief that really rang true for both of us. "Grief is a debt. You can pay it now (when the death is fresh) or you can spend your whole life paying it back. But you must grieve." And she also spoke so passionately about friendship. For her, friendship is a vow. It is a commitment. Made me realize how lackluster my commitment is to my friends. I want to do better at staying connected. I've since finished "Run," a very good read, made even better because the snowiness in the book matched the snowiness of our MN December. The story isn't as compelling as "Bel Canto," but Ann Patchett's wonderful storytelling is a true pleasure.


Eric the birthday boy. His cake was decorated by the boys with corn candy and M&Ms


Micah the Ninja Turtle, in the Halloween parade at school!
When my digital camera reappears (she said hopefully), I'll post a picture of Luke as a muscle-bound Batman!


My brave boy. Micah had to get four teeth pulled! His baby teeth on the bottom were not coming out, and the permanent teeth were trying to come in. So Dr. Rachel said the babies had to come out! Micah got a new video game for his trouble, and the tooth fairy left 4 smackers under his pillow.


One last stop at Liberty Custard, before we left Minneapolis. Micah has grown too big for the red car - he's moved up to pinball, thank you very much.


In case you can't tell, that's Sara Groves playing at her CD release party. She is my new favorite singer. I love her message of faith and hope and justice. I took this pic for my friend Deb.


A Merry Christmas from our new house!

No comments: