Monday, January 14, 2008

Urgent Care = Purgatory

Yuck. I spent FOUR hours at Urgent Care today. I tried to ensconce myself in a corner by myself away from the sniffly, hacking, miserable souls all around me. Played brick-breaker on my phone, texted people, tried to tune out the Tyra/Montel/Judge Whoever coming from the tube ... The most upsetting part of this waiting-room heck was this couple who would not unstrap their tired/hungry/bored toddler from his stroller. The kid begged, screamed, and tried valiantly to extricate himself from the straps, but his stupid parents just smiled benignly, and repeated his name "Devin" over and over. Then they mashed face with each other, while the rest of the room was going quietly insane. This went on for over an hour.
Little wonder when I went in for my initial consultation, my blood pressure was extremely elevated.
I had calmed down a bit by the time I actually saw the PA, but my BP was still high enough that I have to monitor it for a couple of months. Hmpf. Guess I'm getting old?
Turns out the reason I've hardly been able to move for the last few days, is I have a sinus infection. Easy enough to deal with, but I just wish I'd figured it out few days ago. I've been down for six days now (even missed my chance to preach on Sunday morning - Chris took one look at me and asked if I shouldn't go back home - I looked worse than I thought, I guess!) With antibiotics, I should bounce back soon. Looking forward to getting back to normal.

No comments: